Questions and Answers
Posted Dec 29, 2006
Q: Hi id like hints on a making a built in wardrobe please. As i have to fix 2 in, one single and a double. CHEERS, Jonathan
A: It's hard to advise without knowing any specifics, but generally speaking;
- Sketch out what you're going to do on paper first, then on the walls where you will be affixing battens etc.
- Measure everything at least twice
- Use a spirit level on everything - making everything straight is very important, especially doors
- Have an assistant on hand - it's much harder to do on your own, they don't need to be skilled, just able to hold something while you affix it.
- Use the correct fixings for your walls
- Clear a big workspace and have all the tools you'll need close to hand before you start